Friday 24 September 2010

Mr Big

I really love Sex and the City - there, I said it, its just that everyone kind of has placed the whole SATC thing in a TV "guilty pleasure" spot. I only just recently watched the whole series (thank you Sky Plus) and I have to say, I am so glad, so very glad that I waited to watch it in my thirties. Everything makes complete sense in a completely nonsensical way. Ha!


I wonder if Carrie Bradshaw (SJP will always and forever be known as Carrie Bradshaw) really did live happily ever after with her one true love - Big! What a character he was...imagine calling up your friends and saying, "hey, had a great night out with Big!" Depending on who your friends are, would they laugh or hang up the phone. AND why exactly was he called Big...?? Was it because he was big or big as in love? It really doesnt matter because it worked, he was Big - Mr. Big to you and I of course.


All through the series' I learned more and more about female intuition, it is a unique quality we women have. I saw Charlottle debating on who to date on one night, so instead of saying no to one of them, she dates them both. I read the signals of when a man doesnt call after the first date, he DOESN'T want to call - simple. There are just too many rules about relationships, which leads me perfectly on to Samantha, enough said.

The character Miranda was far too anal about her life and found love when she wasn't looking. So what was the message here, be pretentious then find love, be demanding - find love, be a rule breaker - find love or be in love to find love? Everyone always is happy in the world of TV and New York so it seems.

The Big issue (sorry) was just so perfect. It was natural that the characters ran away from eachother, only to find themselves miserable without one another, most women totally identify with that. I loved the "will they, won't they" and I almost found myself screaming at the TV when Big was driving past Carrie in Paris but didn't see eachother...maybe I am from a place where people still believe in knights in shining armour, I believe in love and all that it brings. If I am not then what a sad place to be.



Wouldn't you just love to be rescued, saved, understood? What woman would not want Big to be waiting for them in a black limo with tinted windows on a cold night...preferably with a bottle of chilled champagne!? Who doesn't want that kind of adoration from a man called Big? Are we all so sure we can say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment